Flood Forecasting & Warnings
The Nickel District Conservation Authority (NDCA) reduces the risk of property damage and loss of lives due to flooding, by providing a flood warning and control program.
- Complements Regulation Enforcement activities.
- Reduces property damage and loss of life risk due to flooding.
- Provides coordinated approach to flood warning and flood control during emergency and non-emergency times.
- Justifies the need for the multi-million dollar infrastructure located throughout the watershed to support these program activities.
- Provides land held in the public domain for other uses (i.e. passive recreation, water quality protection, etc.)
- All municipal partners and emergency response providers.
- All watershed residents.
- Individuals and businesses in identified flood hazard areas.
- Media partners.Conservation area users.
- Province (through reduced flood damages)
|Click map name to view.|
|NDCA Jurisdiction map.pdf|
|Conceptual Water Budget map DRAFT, Map 01|
|Conceptual Water Budget: DRAFT Map 16|