The Nickel District Conservation Authority (NDCA) has major flood control dams and other water management structures. The NDCA addresses serious problems in identified risk areas due to flooding and erosion; provide a range of recreational opportunities on authority owned/managed lands.
- To provide flood and erosion protection for existing development.
- To reduce potential flood damages to buildings, roads, bridges, etc., that can be affected by flooding
- To provide recreation and conservation opportunities for users of Authority owned/managed lands along rivers/streams or in environmentally significant areas.
- To maximize use of limited dollars available to complete these high priority, local projects.
- Individuals landowners/business impacted by flooding or erosion.
- General public, community groups, students, etc.,using passive recreation areas.
- Local contractors who carry out much of the work.
- Individuals and agencies share new ideas and expertise.
- Developers where lands can be removed form hazard areas and put to production uses in various communities.
- The natural environment.