Lake Laurentian Conservation Area Day Programming
For PD Day January 31 & School closure days due to labour disruption/strike action
Maximum 20 children accepted: For children in Grades 1-8
Programming in English and French
Fee: $40.00 + HST per child (Registration and payment through Eventbrite only)
Drop-off between 8:00 and 8:30 a.m. and Pick-up between 4:30 and 5:00 p.m.
Activities will be dependent on weather and snow conditions, however, we plan to be outdoors for as much of the day as possible. To make sure your child’s visit is as wonderful as it can be, please make sure your child has with them:
- Reusable water bottle
- Mug/thermos for hot chocolate
- Appropriate winter gear (boots, ski pants, jacket, hat, warm/waterproof mitts, scarf or neck warmer) – For safety reasons, we will not be able to take children outdoors if they do not have seasonally appropriate outdoor clothing and footwear.
- Dress in layers (highly recommended)
- Extra mitts and socks (we are going to be outside most of the day and mitts and socks get wet!)
- Lunch and snacks– please try to pack a garbage-less lunch. As a Conservation Area, we strive to be as environmentally responsible as possible: reusable containers are highly encouraged and we also have recycling and compost.
Lake Laurentian Conservation Area’s Nature Chalet is a Nut-Aware facility, meaning that we do not permit products containing peanuts or tree-nuts on site. However, due to the multi-use nature of our facility, we cannot guarantee a peanut-free or tree-nut-free setting.
Register online at:
For more information please call (705) 674-5249.